On April 23, 2018, the “FOLLOW UP SIBERIA: COMMUNICATION WITHOUT BORDERS” international interactive session will take place at the “Rossiya Segodnya” news agency, which will be streamed online. Participants of the session will discuss the prospects of international sporting competitions as a platform for cross-cultural communications.
The session marks the launch of the “FOLLOW UP SIBERIA!” international digital program. It is a joint project of the Nornickel company and the Euronews TV channel, which is implemented with the support of the Directorate of the 29th Winter Universiade in Krasnoyarsk (2019). The program focuses on the international creative online contest that will be held on social media from April 2018 to March 2019. The winners will have an opportunity to visit the regions of Siberia, get acquainted with the locals, share the information about their native countries and find common interests. The best of participants will arrive in Krasnoyarsk during the Universiade. It is the first large-scale communication project for Russia in support of the World University Games.
The main speakers of the “FOLLOW UP SIBERIA: COMMUNICATION WITHOUT BORDERS” session are:
- Larisa Zelkova, Senior Vice-President — HR, Social Policy and Public Relations, Member of the Management Board at Nornickel;
- Elena Bezdenezhnykh, Vice President — State Secretary, GR, Member of the Management Board at Nornickel;
- Oleg Matytsin, President of the International University Sports Federation (FISU);
- Maksim Urazov, Director General of the 29th Winter Universiade in Krasnoyarsk (2019);
- Niaz Samadizadeh, VP Content Strategy at Euronews;
- Ilya Averbukh, Honored Master of Sports of Russia in figure skating, silver medalist of the 2002 Olympic Games in Salt Lake City.
Guests of the session will discuss the development of the territories through organizing major sporting events, increasing the involvement of young people in the volunteer movement, the relevance of new media for cross-cultural interaction, etc.
Live streaming of the session will be available via the following services:
- “Rossiya Segodnya” International Multimedia Press Center;
- official YouTube of Nornickel;
- official Facebook of Nornickel.
The stream will start on April 23, 2018, at 5 p.m. (MSK). It will last for 60 to 90 minutes.
The “FOLLOW UP SIBERIA: COMMUNICATION WITHOUT BORDERS” Organizing Committee kindly asks the journalists to send questions to the speakers to email@example.com until April 20, 2018.
Nornickel is the general partner of the 29th Winter Universiade in Krasnoyarsk (2019), the partner of the International University Sports Federation (FISU), the Russian Olympic Committee and the Russian Olympic Team, the Russian National Football Team and the Russian Football Union, the Russian Football Association and the “Futsal at School — The Arctic Region” All-Russian project, the Night Hockey League and the World Legends Hockey League, the Russian Curling Federation and the “Arctic Curling Cup” international tournament in Dudinka. In addition, Nornickel owns the CSKA professional basketball club and the “Norilsk Nickel” futsal club.