Today, we lay the foundations for a long-term development programme that will upgrade all of our production activities and make Nornickel one of the most advanced and environmentally responsible companies in the industry.
Our sustainability priorities
Nornickel’s plan to achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals Agenda 2030 focuses on social inclusion, environmental consciousness, sustainable business growth, and responsible business practices. Our environmental priorities are guided by our strong commitment to minimizing the impact of our operations on water, air and land, coupled with efficient waste management and a responsible approach to tailings. For social initiatives we focus on diversity, inclusion, and strengthening our long-lasting partnerships with local communities in the regions in which we operate, including the indigenous people of Taymyr and Zabaikalye impacted by our business activities.
Our support for UN SDGsMore details
Nornickel fully supports the UN’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the UN SDGs, consistently integrating them into our by-laws and everyday practices. In our public and non-financial reports for 2016–2019, we disclosed key sustainability targets and performance against relevant UN SDGs.
Our main strategic goals
Reports and results
2020 Sustainability Report
- Environmental and Climate Change Strategy PDF, 1.4 MB
- Norilsk Nickel Sustainable Update PDF, 5.9 MB
- Greenhouse gas emissions Scope 3 Downstream PDF, 1 MB
- Summary of the report of the Great Norilsk Expedition PDF, 4.8 MB
- Independent assessment of the causes of the fuel spill incident presented to the Board of Directors PDF, 2.9 MB
- Update on the Accident at a Fuel Storage facility of Norilsk Nickel as of October PDF, 5.7 MB
- Wide-Ranging Support Programme for the Taimyr’s Indigenous Peoples PDF, 3.2 MB
- Great Norilsk Expedition PDF, 2.4 MB