Today, we lay the foundations for a long-term development programme that will upgrade all of our production activities and make Nornickel one of the most advanced and environmentally responsible companies in the industry.
Our sustainability priorities
Nornickel’s plan to achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals Agenda 2030 focuses on social inclusion, environmental consciousness, sustainable business growth, and responsible business practices. Our environmental priorities are guided by our strong commitment to minimizing the impact of our operations on water, air and land, coupled with efficient waste management and a responsible approach to tailings. For social initiatives we focus on diversity, inclusion, and strengthening our long-lasting partnerships with local communities in the regions in which we operate, including the indigenous people of Taymyr and Zabaikalye impacted by our business activities.
Our support for UN SDGsMore details
Nornickel fully supports the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The integration of UN SDGs into the Company’s strategy was initiated back in 2018. Based on stakeholder engagement, we selected the key SDGs that are relevant to our operations.
Nornickel’s progress on SDGs in 2020:
Our main strategic goals
Reports and results
2020 Sustainability Report
- Environmental and Climate Change Strategy PDF, 1.1 MB
- Norilsk Nickel Sustainable Update PDF, 5.9 MB
- Greenhouse gas emissions Scope 3 Downstream PDF, 1 MB
- Summary of the report of the Great Norilsk Expedition PDF, 4.8 MB
- Independent assessment of the causes of the fuel spill incident presented to the Board of Directors PDF, 2.9 MB
- Update on the Accident at a Fuel Storage facility of Norilsk Nickel as of October PDF, 5.7 MB
- Wide-Ranging Support Programme for the Taimyr’s Indigenous Peoples PDF, 3.2 MB
- Great Norilsk Expedition PDF, 2.4 MB